+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minnesota gov't shutdown and licenses

Default Minnesota gov't shutdown and licenses

Read in our local newspaper (yes, I still get most of my news from the newspaper) that there is some question about the need for a Minnesota fishing license now that all gov't offices are shutdown and the conservation officers aren't patrolling. Apparently it is not possible to purchase a license with the shutdown, so what do you do if you plan on fishing there at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by tigfly View Post
    Read in our local newspaper (yes, I still get most of my news from the newspaper) that there is some question about the need for a Minnesota fishing license now that all gov't offices are shutdown and the conservation officers aren't patrolling. Apparently it is not possible to purchase a license with the shutdown, so what do you do if you plan on fishing there at this time?
    I would say FISH!! and have fun
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Plan to do something else. If I can't fish legally whether it is my fault or not then I would choose not to fish.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I'm a MN resident and have been watching the shutdown with interest. The DNR is saying that licenses are NOT for sale during the shutdown, but that licenses are required and you may be ticketed if found fishing without a license. Of course, if you already have a license (as I do), you are welcome to fish as usual. Here's the details on the MN DNR website: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/shutdown.html. Fortunately, the shutdown appears to be drawing to a conclusion and hopefully things will be back to normal within a few days.

+ Reply to Thread