+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Central WA Fish-In

Default Central WA Fish-In

Getting close, (May 4-5-6-7, 2006) we spoke to the manager at the Best Western Inn today and she asked us to remind any folks planning on staying there to please say you are with the FAOL group so you get the discount. If you aren't camping, you can't beat it, dandy place with free breakfast, pool, refrig, microwave and coffee in the rooms. 509-754-7111 for reservations.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new folks!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

And if you ARE camping,,, make those reservations too. Gonna be fun. Some new folks, lots of old ones. Big stupid rainbows (my kind!). Dry or wet, they take them all. Panfish lakes close by too. Swap gear, show & tell, casting practice, or just marvel at the great J Castwell as he performs faultless manuvers with a fly rod. No admission charge. Free event.

I spoke to Darc at the local fly shop (Desert Fly Angler) this afternoon. Rocky is fishing VERY well.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Yes the weather in the Columbia Basin is warming up. The wind is slowing down and the skies are clear. Stan Coffin lake fished very well Thursday afternoon with bluegill cooperating as long as I was casting. Before I knew it 6:00 rolled around and I had to hurry home for dinner and my weekly Survivor cluch with friends. I hope to have more reports next week for those making plans to come. Hope to see familiar faces along with some new ones. I'll bring my big bbq for anyone who wants to grill for the Saturday night Potluck.

Linemender

------------------
    Cary Morlan

Living my dreams one day at a time
    Cary Morlan
    AKA Linemender
    Cheapest Guide in the Columbia Basin
    (For good reason)

Tks Cary,,, it will be our first fishing of the year... we sure need to get out there. Look forward to seeing the old bunch again!

Dang, this isnt getting here fast enough. I'm just not looking orward to the drive out there....LOL. I need to get busy and tie a few more flies as well. Look forward to seeing some friends who I have already met and meeting some new people as well.

Cya all next Saturday.
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

I have to catch fish for Skeet AGAIN????

Z

Latest reports around the basin; Lake Lenore is a little off. The Lahoutans are in spawning mode and not much for the bite. Another week and it should pick up again. Dry Falls is fishing fair. Choronomids in 9-12 ft water were taking fish. Beda should be fishing well for nice rainbows, again, choronomids. Rocky ford has BWO's coming off and last week whilst I got one on a dry I watched an angler from Oregon who had landed in excess of 30 on a BWO emerger. Pack up your gear and let's go fishing. See ya'll at the Oasis.

------------------
    Cary Morlan

Living my dreams one day at a time
    Cary Morlan
    AKA Linemender
    Cheapest Guide in the Columbia Basin
    (For good reason)

+ Reply to Thread