Thread: Brewing Coffee - Whats Cooking - July 18, 2011

Threaded View

Featherbend:

All the National Polling in the United States, for many years, have been all been in agreement that of all "Over The Counter Coffee Fresh Brewed Coffee", "Ducking Donut" Coffee is still the #1 in all the ratings..... ~Parnelli

Everyone Else"

The key message in my "Brewing Coffee" for Whats Cooking is the amount of ground coffee to the amount of "off boil" water that passes through the ground coffee, so you do not extract the "bitters" along with the "sweets"

Brewing Coffee, is a complete different subject from the Coffee Roasting process.

Last I cannot help what "Charles Kuralt" said, his words not mine! And I agree with him on weak coffee being poured down the throats of people who do not know what a properly brewed cup of coffee tastes like. And "Charles Kuralt's" remarks are from the 1960's, over 50 years ago! Times where different then, most of his "On the Road with Charles Kuralt" segments were by driving down the back roads of "America" not on the Interstate Highways.

And these 28 ounce Styrofoam cups at Super America Stations are a abomination.

For a home brewed cup or mug of "Joe" I will stay with my method of brewing, only using Folger's 100% Columbian Coffee, in a pinch I might brew some Hills Brothers or Maxwell House! But only in a pinch! ~Parnelli

PS: When on Night Guard Duty in the U.S. Army, I sometimes munched on roasted coffee beans then washed them down with a swig of water from my canteen, to avoid nodding off, which is a Court-Marshal Offense!
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 07-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.