I am using a Sony DSC-T50, which I have been using for a few years. It has an easy to use Macro and simple White Balance.
I mostly set up the Macro and set the camera on incandescent for the White Balance. Two 50W lamps for illumination and a
coloured card, usually blue, for background. My camera is fixed on a mount for birdwatchers, camera/telescope.
The whole thing does not take above ten minutes to set up.
I looked into various camera set-ups via the inter-net but initially I tried the simplified version shown above.
It worked just fine and I have never really bothered to alter or improve (?) it.
My set-up, especially the camera, has been rather 'looked down on' by some, but it works for me and
the fly-dressing is my interest and main hobby not photography, although if the results had been very
bad, I would probably have complicated it a bit more.
One thing I do is use is ACDSee Pro3 to process the raw pictures. I crop them to a suitable size and then,
I use a white balance facility it has.
It can alter the colour of the picture, which I find easiest to use by making sure the back-ground blue looks
correct, to my eyes, and just hope the rest comes out ok.
That is it. I don't really want to go any further with the processing etc. Fly-dressing is a sufficiently obsessive
hobby for me.