Went up to the campground just below the reservoir. Arrived in the p.m. Wed. evening. I set up on nymphs and did okay until twilight when the trout started going for caddis emergers. If your eyesight is like mine then you ought to start tying your rig 1/2 hour before dark. After some late supper the 3 of us fished into late night. Each of us landed two trout which was not as many as I hoped for but very good size on Black buggers and Muddler Minnows. No one else was on the water at night.

One of us did very well on scuds. The other guy did okay on the RS2.

The following morning the Trico hatch was going on. It started very early and went until about 10:00 a.m. They also went after black ants but pretty much shut down by the p.m. I got hopeful and tried a hopper even though there were none in the bushes. No action on it.

The canyon section looks fast.

Water is gin clear and one can wade across in one limited section farther up but it is still moving too fast elsewhere except along the sides in a couple of places. Footing is very good.

You will have lots of company on the river in the upper section by the campground. If I went back then I would try some of the flatter sections below the res to I think the second bridge. You should have a lot more H2O water to yourself.

Thunderheads in the p.m. so watch it.

This was a nice treat given that everything else is blown.