+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pontoon stripping apron

NewTyer 1 Guest

no, no yanking. I was just glad you got through it ok. I almost drowned as a child so, I know how scary these things can be.

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

I've an Outcast PowerPac and have used a pop open small laundry square from Walmart. I sit it on the floor between my legs with a 20 inch or so length of one inch diameter clear, soft, plastic tubing in it filled with cast net weights. If you have a floor that works and might even work on your lap. It folds down into a 12" by 12" square about 2 inchs thick.
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't bother trying to make an apron - if you still want one after reading the other threads. I bought one from Creek Company and it works well. My friend made his so ... first he bought some mesh (but it isn't vinyl coated so he has to watch his fish hooks near it). I found better stuff in the auto section of appropriate stores since similar material is used for non-slip trunk mats. Large (replacement) minnow dip nets might also be the correct material. Then you cut it to shape, seam the edges, reinforce the corners, add light shock cords with clips on the end (maybe on both ends if you put loops on the corners of the apron!) for attaching to your toon.
    Hopefully you have a model/template from a friend or made your own template first so you don't have to make a second 'better' apron. Probably less than $25, not a lot less, but a lot more time shopping and constructing so not worth it IMO.

+ Reply to Thread