Thread: Bucket list....kinda

Threaded View

Default Bucket list....kinda

A reply to a list my brother started. You won't get some of it, but it doesn't matter:

- Dirt biking: Rode the Blackwater 100, Big Bear 100, numerous GNCCs, numerous MidSouth Harescrambles, a few ISDE Qualifiers, 10 years of riding in Colorado, including said hot tub with cigars, scotch and ....pizza? Got on my dirt bike most every weekend and rode to Harry or Ron's house or they came to mine and we rode until dark and sometimes after. Played "tag" at dark with dirt bikes(safer than it sounds).
    -Bicycling: Rode the Garrett County Gran Fondo...or some of it.
    -Pitched a lot of baseball games. Made ONE perfect pitch. That sounds odd but it was against a former big-leaguer. Got two strikes on the guy and instead of wasting pitch I threw him a split-fingered fastball. It looked like the perfect pitch to hit a homerun (something the guy was very good at) right down the middle and as he swung the ball dropped like a mutha. Strike three. Sit down. Guy came up to after the game and asked me "what the hell was that pitch"? That is when I knew it was time to hang the cleats up.
    -Skied at some of the best resorts in the world, all of them in the U.S. but none of them are better than my home area resort, The Wisp . Became a pretty damned good skier if I do say so myself. Finally got a pair of skis I cannot out-ski. Amazing things. Simply Amazing.
    -Golfed to a pretty good level. Hit one hole in one. Well it was good timing anyway
    -Fished some pretty cool places. Fly fishing is unreal. Catching fish on flies you tied is the ultimate.
    -Been blessed with athletic that amazes me. Not bragging, just amazed and very, very, very appreciative. Sometimes I wonder if I squandered that, or used it to it's ultimate. Never became the best at anything but became quite good at a LOT of things.

-Saw life through the eyes of orphans. Some beat like dogs by their parents to die a horrible death and seen that child not only live, but learn to walk when they said she couldn't. Learn to run when they said she couldn't. And this past year heard her talk for the first time. Tears anyone
    -Saw my Mother the night before she died and say something as I left her room. Didn't make out what it was, but instead of turning around and heading back in, I left. The last time I saw her alive and I didn't take the time. Hurts to this day. But I did make the effort to be there. More tears?
    -Had my brother tell me both my Mother and Dad died. Tears galore. Heard a hawk cry as we left my Mother's funeral. What can you say about that?
    -Had my sister hand me my Father's military funeral flag. An amazing honor.
    -Rode to the top of American Flag Mt one year to the day after 9/11 with my brother. He tried his best not to make it there
    -Saw the two most precious people in my life being born. Words cannot describe the feeling.
    -Had not only one, but two of the best friends anyone can imagine. Thanks Harry and Ron for being you.
    -Been a dick too many times in my life and regretted every instance. But I think being nice has far outweighed them. I hope.

What do I want to do and see? Hell I've been so lucky to do so many things I am happy just as I am.

Wait a minute. Roof Ball! does it get any better than that?
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 07-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.