Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Jeff,
You did make it clear that you do have a concealed carry permit in your post. What I thought you meant is: eg. Living in Illinois,I have only a FOID card. I do NOT have ,nor is it available to me, a concealed carry permit or for that matter even an open carry. BUT, while in Wyoming, I can OPEN carry almost everywhere. Obviously displaying an open carried firearm in Jackson Hole is a bit............... . However I cannot CHOOSE to conceal that weapon just not to intimidate folks . THAT would be FELONY regardless my noble intent. THATS what I thought you stated in your post to which I replied. And as a further "ferinstance", here in Illinois, even you could not carry a firearm in any state of possession.

Mark
PS: "ignorance" was meant in the "not aware of....." sense. and "YOUR" was meant in the "generic sense"
Mark,
No worries. I do check the regs in any state in which I will be traveling. I try to avoid Illinois like it was the plague for the reasons you mentioned. Wyoming does recognize my Kentucky CDW permit. I would just have to figure out a route from here to there that did not go through the great state of Illinois.

I just believe whenever legal to do so, it is best to carry concealed when other people are going to be around. Just less hassle for me. most of the time when I am talking with someone, they have no idea I have a firearm with me, and I have absolutely no reason to let them know I do. It would add nothing to the conversation and the situation would not call for it. Really, the only times someone knows I have a firearm is when I'm talking with close friends who know me pretty well.

I'm not saying you do this and this is not directed at you... I have no need to feel macho and I am not spoiling for a fight. I'm really a peaceful kind of guy who would just as soon walk away from a fight as engage in one. For me, and everyone is different, to carry open would invite more trouble than it would solve. In your case, it is totally different.

Jeff