+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Senate Votes to Allow Guns in National Parks

MrFishingToughGuy,
    Since you asked, I carry my S&W mod 629 44 mag, always loaded with Hornady 240 gr,XTP. This is not meant for "Mr. Crazy" but........................ And, as the pic shows, i too believe in Bear Spray as a deterrent BUT my safety and that of those with me trump ANY anti gun agenda. Trust me, MY gun will NEVER hurt YOU.

Mark
    PS: In an earlier post, the term "redneck" was used. How is THAT word different from the "N" word? DON'T utter it EVER. It is demeaning and a "red neck" is NOT acquired by sitting on one's
    arse collecting welfare checks. It's more likely a result hard arse WORK.

Jeffnles1,
    Your choice to be discrete in firearm possesion by choosing to conceal rather than open carry is NOT entirely without consequence. Concealed carry is a much higher standard of firearm possesion and is ALWAYS tethered to a "special" permit while open carry is generally the route of least resistance. Concealed carry is not YOUR option without a SPECIAL permit. Be careful. Penalties for ignorance are HIGH.

Mark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Jeffnles1,
    Your choice to be discrete in firearm possesion by choosing to conceal rather than open carry is NOT entirely without consequence. Concealed carry is a much higher standard of firearm possesion and is ALWAYS tethered to a "special" permit while open carry is generally the route of least resistance. Concealed carry is not YOUR option without a SPECIAL permit. Be careful. Penalties for ignorance are HIGH.

Mark

Mark
    More than one state allows anyone to carry open or concealed. With the advent of SCOTUS decisions right and left the rules are changing rapidly and will change a lot more soon.
    art

Kerry Stratton,
    Your wisdom (probably) trumps your good looks with the statement regarding "law abiding citizens". An entire dissertation on the "subject" could well be boiled down to YOUR words. Thank you for those words. I will use them as if I originated ithem , with NO credit to you

Mark

Blog Entries

MrFishingToughGuy,
    And, as the pic shows, i too believe in Bear Spray as a deterrent BUT my safety and that of those with me trump ANY anti gun agenda.
    I have been in two situations where bear spray was used on bears. In neither case did it save the bears's life. In both cases the bear was only momentarily bothered by the spray at virtual staple gun distances and returned with malice in very short order.

I also saw an undrugged individual sprayed up close and personal in a fight. It did not stop him from putting a serious whipping on his attacker. I have heard lots of stories from police friends that say it is often unimpressive...

Two years ago a good friend had a little issue with a brown bear right close to his home:
    http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...-killed-alaska

Just a "little" handgun did the trick.

When I heard the story from a common friend I immediately called Greg but got his answering machine. In the middle of the message I suddenly shouted "Look out, there's a bear behind you!!!" The next time I saw Greg in person he started shaking his head at me as I walked up. He said he was so goosey over the event it kept him awake nights for weeks and seriously shook him.

hap,
    Considering your Alaska location where your morning "scurry" consists of " where are my car keys, wallet, satellite phone and GUN" I will accept your comment on the subject as "Bible".

Mark
    PS: Brush's story was a good read. Say "Hi!" to him from me.
    Last edited by Marco; 07-16-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Jeffnles1,

Mark
    Mark,
    I do have a concealed deadly weapons permit and am a certified range officer. I've been a competitive target shooter since age 12 and have, thus, been around firearms all my life.

Carrying concealed without a permit in most locations is a felony and one should NEVER do it. In many locations carrying open is also a crime.

I appreciate your concern, but I do have the proper permits to carry concealed..

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Jeff,
    You did make it clear that you do have a concealed carry permit in your post. What I thought you meant is: eg. Living in Illinois,I have only a FOID card. I do NOT have ,nor is it available to me, a concealed carry permit or for that matter even an open carry. BUT, while in Wyoming, I can OPEN carry almost everywhere. Obviously displaying an open carried firearm in Jackson Hole is a bit............... . However I cannot CHOOSE to conceal that weapon just not to intimidate folks . THAT would be FELONY regardless my noble intent. THATS what I thought you stated in your post to which I replied. And as a further "ferinstance", here in Illinois, even you could not carry a firearm in any state of possession.

Mark
    PS: "ignorance" was meant in the "not aware of....." sense. and "YOUR" was meant in the "generic sense"

Jeff,
    You did make it clear that you do have a concealed carry permit in your post. What I thought you meant is: eg. Living in Illinois,I have only a FOID card. I do NOT have ,nor is it available to me, a concealed carry permit or for that matter even an open carry. BUT, while in Wyoming, I can OPEN carry almost everywhere. Obviously displaying an open carried firearm in Jackson Hole is a bit............... . However I cannot CHOOSE to conceal that weapon just not to intimidate folks . THAT would be FELONY regardless my noble intent. THATS what I thought you stated in your post to which I replied. And as a further "ferinstance", here in Illinois, even you could not carry a firearm in any state of possession.

Mark
    PS: "ignorance" was meant in the "not aware of....." sense. and "YOUR" was meant in the "generic sense"
    Mark,
    No worries. I do check the regs in any state in which I will be traveling. I try to avoid Illinois like it was the plague for the reasons you mentioned. Wyoming does recognize my Kentucky CDW permit. I would just have to figure out a route from here to there that did not go through the great state of Illinois.

I just believe whenever legal to do so, it is best to carry concealed when other people are going to be around. Just less hassle for me. most of the time when I am talking with someone, they have no idea I have a firearm with me, and I have absolutely no reason to let them know I do. It would add nothing to the conversation and the situation would not call for it. Really, the only times someone knows I have a firearm is when I'm talking with close friends who know me pretty well.

I'm not saying you do this and this is not directed at you... I have no need to feel macho and I am not spoiling for a fight. I'm really a peaceful kind of guy who would just as soon walk away from a fight as engage in one. For me, and everyone is different, to carry open would invite more trouble than it would solve. In your case, it is totally different.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread