+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unscheduled Retirement

Default Unscheduled Retirement

Looks like I'll be taking an early retirement. It's forced by health reasons and Social Security Disability should kick in about 3-6 months from now. This is probably going to turn out to be a good bend in the road but Linda and I are going to have to re-learn budgeting. At least I won't have to go to work in constant pain anymore. Over all I think it's a good thing.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Good luck! Prepare for a bumpy ride, but if everything like your employer dont try to down play your disabilitly like mine did after they told me otherwise. Hang in there and make sure all papers filled out properly. I been on it for 6yrs now but getting in the fishing while its good to. More fishing!

Thanks Flyfish Dog. I already have an attorney lined up. And yes, I expect a bumpy ride.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Oh Joe I am heart broken for you. You had so much enthusiasm for that new job too. Well perhaps you ae right and it just was not meant to be. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. Good that you have a lawyer too. Amy is diabled and it can be a real battle. If you need any help send me an email or pm or both.

I know what it is like to work in pain. It is miserable. I am probably facing federal disability as I can only fight this off for so long. I am praying for you and Linda.

Joe,

Just trust that this is His Will and all will come out good for you and Linda. The college where I had 26 years in had some budget problems in 2009 and came up with a "buy-out" for some of us "old timers" and I decided to take advantage of it. I was 61 then and when I turned 62 in 2010, I signed up for my Social Security and all has worked out. The new budget is easier than one might think because you will be surprised how much money is saved by not having to purchase gas for going back and forth to work. Once everything is worked out for you, you could even make a trip to Tennessee and we could do a little fishing. Keep us posted and keep the Faith. He is watching out for you and He will take care of you.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Oh Joe I am heart broken for you. You had so much enthusiasm for that new job too. Well perhaps you ae right and it just was not meant to be. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. Good that you have a lawyer too. Amy is diabled and it can be a real battle. If you need any help send me an email or pm or both.

I know what it is like to work in pain. It is miserable. I am probably facing federal disability as I can only fight this off for so long. I am praying for you and Linda.
    PM has been sent.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Joe,

Just trust that this is His Will and all will come out good for you and Linda. The college where I had 26 years in had some budget problems in 2009 and came up with a "buy-out" for some of us "old timers" and I decided to take advantage of it. I was 61 then and when I turned 62 in 2010, I signed up for my Social Security and all has worked out. The new budget is easier than one might think because you will be surprised how much money is saved by not having to purchase gas for going back and forth to work. Once everything is worked out for you, you could even make a trip to Tennessee and we could do a little fishing. Keep us posted and keep the Faith. He is watching out for you and He will take care of you.
    Thanks Warren. I fully believe that my life is in His hands, and whatever He has in store for us is fine.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Joe,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, but as Nighthawk said, the Lord does work in mysterious ways and sometimes it takes a while to figure out what he has in store for us.

Take care and God Bless.

Jim Smith

Keep pressing on!
    If at first you don't succeed ... Then sky diving may not be the sport for you

I hope you won't need the missing income. If you do, though, think about some ways to bring in some cash that don't cause pain and that you actually enjoy doing. I think you might surprise yourself with what you think up. And I suspect you'll find yourself loving not being tied down to a schedule.

I took a big step further into semi-retirement this year. I love it. Hope you do too!

+ Reply to Thread