+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pleasant Ozark morning

Hybrid View

Default Pleasant Ozark morning

A week or so ago I had the opportunity to take a young man from South Africa fishing on one of our Blue Ribbon creeks. As he is much more of a hunter than a fly fisherman he didn't catch a lot but had an enjoyable time. His older brother was here two years ago and IS a fervent fly fisherman and had taught him to cast quite well. I didn't do all that well but did bring 5-6 fish to hand. Here's the best.

With all the rain we've had this year the creek still looked good. Here's some phat phella working a nice little run.

It was really good to be on the creek as I've not had many opportunities this year. Gonna have to get out more.

Vic

Well, well, well....Look who's posting pictures!! Now get up here late this autumn for some steelhead fishin' with a chubby ol' Irishman!
    Vic, nice pics. Now you just have to get out more. Most of my on water time this year has been with 4 of the Grandkids.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

'tuber, I didn't take those pictures....a 17 year old South African did....mine aren't that good!!! It only took me what......4-5 years to learn how to post them?

Thanks for the offer of steelhead this autumn. How I would love that, but, work is going to have to get a whole lot better than it is. Just keeping the doors open last winter and spring about broke me. I don't know where the recovery is but it isn't here.

Sharps,

That creek sure looks inviting! Pretty bow and that looks like a very handsome fly rod you got there also!

Ohiotuber - You and the grandkids might need some of those "noodles" Nighthawks working on! LOL!!

Best regards, Dave S.

Thank ye kindly Dave! That's one of my favorite creeks here in the Ozarks. There are 5-6 springs that dump into it in less than a mile, two of which are significant in their flows.

The rod is a delight, thank you for noticing. A Pocket Water rods 7'6", 4 wt. rigged with a Terenzio #4, DT silk line and leader. The fish was a lot prettier. There's quite a bit of glare off it and the colors didn't come out all that well. Good thing the kid took the picture. If I'd taken it the trout probably wouldn't be recognizable as a fish!!

+ Reply to Thread