+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I got the Fishcat wet.

Hybrid View

Default I got the Fishcat wet.

So I finally had the time to head to the lake to try my Fishcat and I had a blast!! It moves really easy and it is relatively fast. I did notice that the storage are gets flooded so my cooler got all wet along with my other stuff. I was wondering if there is a reason for the little holes there and if covering would affect the performance. I also thought it would seat on top of the water but when I kicked water got all over the seat and my shorts got all wet, it was nice thou since it was a hot day. I didn't manage to catch anything but I will be tubing as often as I possibly can.

Last edited by Martin McFly; 07-14-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    I believe I can fly fish

In answer to your question, tape of the holes does not keep the area behind the seat dry. Or at least it didn't when I tried it. Looks like if should but...... Since I typically pack mine about 3/4 miles before suiting up and floating back downstream I bought a dry bag to store my street shoes, rain jacket, etc in. I also pack a small hand pump in case of a leak and to adjust according to temperature changes from 90+ deg. GA sunshine to 50- deg. river water.

I am glad you like it, I love mine.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hmm, then the only thing I can think of is maybe a basket that fits in the back to keep the stuff dry. I mean, why have a storage area if it's going to get flooded?!?!?! It doesn't make a lotta sense to me but it's not a lot considering how cool the tube is. I'll try to figure something out and I'll share with you later on.

I do love the tube!!
    I believe I can fly fish

I use the bow area for a live well when I keep fish.

I am not sure why the area behind the seat get wet when I covered the holes unless the water came over the top of the seat. I am thinking a 175 lb. fisherman might keep there but dry and cover the holes to keep the area dry. I'm about 2 1/2 pans of biscuits over 200 and put a little more down force on the seat.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I am not sure why the area behind the seat get wet when I covered the holes unless the water came over the top of the seat. I am thinking a 175 lb. fisherman might keep there but dry and cover the holes to keep the area dry. I'm about 2 1/2 pans of biscuits over 200 and put a little more down force on the seat.
    I called outcast and Mike explained it's not the holes but the bottom material what allows water inside the bow area. The only solution is a dry bag or plastic basket. Right now I'm working on a better apron option.
    I believe I can fly fish

+ Reply to Thread