I'd set up at the head of a 75 ft.run on a steam about 30 feet wide. Along comes a "guide" w/two clients. He puts them in the water 40 ft. downsteam from me. I'm standing on the bank so as not to spook fish in this shallow run, but he has the man and woman wade into the water and start casting upstream toward me.

I recognized the guide, but had not met him, and knew that he was working out of a shop I have patronized for years. I like the owner of the shop and he has given me great service so I did not tell the guide off when on the water. I also refused to move on. Two hours later I left and encountered the guide as he was going back to his vehicle, having left the clients on the stream to continue fishing while he went to retrieve more flies.

I told him that I did not appreciate being crowded. He gave no apology, but merely asserted "I didn't crowd you." He turned around and walked off.

He was fishing the stream, which is in National Forest, on a "Commerical User" permit.

My question is this: Would you have felt that he was crowding you and lacked stream etiquette? What would you have done?