Thread: Progress report for donations to Arrowhead Ranch

Threaded View

Default Progress report for donations to Arrowhead Ranch

I just wanted to let everyone know that so far I have received donations from 11 members and I am so grateful to all. I am still getting PM's from members that want to donate to Arrowhead Ranch and I really do not know how to relate how much I am touched by the responses. The Activities' Director is going to contact me on Monday to set up a meeting with the owner and president of Arrowhead so that we can see what all has been donated. I need to haul what I have so far out to the ranch and we need to sort through it and get an inventory of what we have and what may need to be purchased. I have 3 personal checks that I need to get to them and out of my hands. I plan to show the boys how to clean the donated reels and lubricate them plus cleaning and dressing the donated fly lines. I feel they need to know this so that they can do maintenance on the equipment on bad weather days to keep them busy. I will post a list of what all has been donated once I feel that I have it all which may be a couple weeks since I have been notified by some members that they are sending donations which I have not received yet. I want to display everything on tables with the boys in the background and take a picture and will post that here when I get it done.

So far, you all have Blessed me with your donations and I am so grateful and thank you all. I have received some really great donations and want to post a picture of just one of the items I received yesterday because it was donated by an individual that is not a member or sponsor but someone I have done business with in the past and have seen at a couple of vendor shows. He noticed the post I made and e-mailed me for more info on Arrowhead Ranch and he wanted to donate to the cause. He is dedicated to "giving back" to the fly fishing world as much as he can. He is sincere with this and is a great person to deal with. Jack Hise had given me a link to their Web site back during the "Secret Santa" program we had and I sent an engraved fly box to "Sagefisher" who was the name I had. I think "Sagefisher" can relate how much David (from www.rivertraditions.com) has contributed to the fly fishing world and how sincere David is.

David sent me three brand new fly reels with engraving, three new fly lines and three spools of backing. Please understand that I am only posting this because I was "touched" by David's giving since he is not a member and he just wanted to do something. I have received so many nice donations. I opened one box from a member here and it contained 10 fly rods he has built over the years that were in his closet!! It has been like Christmas here at my home! Just wait until you see the list I will post of items received! All of this has been great and I owe so many for their "giving" to the boys. Thank you all so much.....

Here is a picture of the reels he sent with the engraving:

Last edited by WarrenP; 07-09-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.