+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bowling Green Fishing Access

Hybrid View

Default Bowling Green Fishing Access

I will be moving to the Bowling Green area (KY) at the end of the month and I was wondering if anybody knew of good access points for stream fishing around there. It seems like there are some good streams around there but access seems limited from what I can tell. I will be living in Franklin (about 20 minutes south of BG) so I have been looking at Drakes Creek and Trammel Fork. I hear that the smallmouth fishing is good in Drakes Creek. Also I was interested in the brown trout in Trammel Fork. I wouldn't mind finding other good smallmouth streams as well. I have a canoe but I prefer wade fishing where possible. Are there any locations on the aforementioned streams that are good for wade fishing? It seems to me that you would have to use a canoe if you wanted to fish any considerable amount of water without worrying about trespassing (am I wrong?).

Thanks for any information.

First of all, welcome to FAOL. Feel free to ask questions on this board. You are now a member of the friendliest and most helpful website on the net. As far as fishing and fly tying in the Bowling Green area, you might want to check with the folks on the Little River forum. http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php
    Good luck with your fishing and finding local folks to tie up with. You might also consider joining some of us on the chat. Again, welcome aboard.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I've fished Trammel Creek, i'm not sure about trammel fork though??? Trammel creek has a good public access point. It's a small stream, I don't know what kind of fishing you like to do? There are several places where you could probably step across the stream in a couple of steps. Funny thing, the only trout I've ever caught there are rainbow, though the internet claims they stock brown? I've got permission from the farmer that leases the land between the 2 stocking points to in his words, "help yourself" So if you like small stream fishing give me a PM and we'll try to hook up. Although for now at least i'm stuck to getting online at work. My wife's computer got hit by lightning not good at all. So if its a few days before you hear from me don't worry, I just cant' catch my boss gone long enough to get online.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Ky Fish and Wildlife has a regional office in Bowling Green. I would suggest you call them at 270-746-7127 (Eric Cummins District Fisheries Biologist). Make arrangements to stop by their office and BS with them about stream fishing in their District. Lots of good info and helpful people.
    Gander Mountain has a store in Bowling Green and a couple of the guys that work their do some stream fishing. I don't know their names they work in the fishing dept.
    The Wildlife Officer in Simpson County can help you out also. He is a avid fisherman and very helpful. Call 180025AlERT. Ask the dispatcher to have him call you.
    Go to fishin.com, Discussion boards search for Trammel Creek. You will find several post.
    I would like to go fishing with you sometime if we can work it out. PM me for my cell number.
    Call Ky F&W in Frankfort @ 15025643400 Ask them to send you "Kys Boating and Fishing Access Sites" publication. Very good info.
    Welcome to KY!

+ Reply to Thread