Three good buddies and I hit a large river (somewhere in the South East) with visions of smallies dancing in our heads.

We fished Friday and Saturday and it was good. It was mid 90s in the shade but we fished all day both days. All my fish were caught on deer hair poppers either white or chart/yellow in color and many fish were caught during the hottest part of the day. This river has many shoals that keep the 02 content high even with the water feeling like a bath tub so the fish keep eating and fight really well. Even the LM fight hard and would bite when it was brutally hot.

We also got caught in a no holds barred thunder storm that had such high winds, we anchored up in the middle of the river to stay away from possible falliing trees. Got a little scary when a couple of lightings hit within a mile of us. Yeah, really wakes a man up!

Yeah, caught some fish but the best part of the trip was floating down a pretty river with some great people. I'm not the best fisherman but I got the best fishing compadres around. They only have one flaw... they ain't female super models!

Here is a link to the rest of my pics: http://www.derekspace.net/fishpic36.htm