I know this is going to sound crazy, but I can fish this one farm pond every year during mid-day when the temperature is 100 degrees and catch bass right and left. It's amazing and the only fishery I have access to where I can do that. I wish I knew what made the pond different. It's not unusally deep or spring-fed but just seems to have active bass regardless of how hot it gets. For example, two weeks ago I fished it at 3 o'clock in the afternoon in 101 degree heat with a cloudless sky and caught twenty bass in the 10-13" range. Most of them were on a popper with a prince nymph dropper and twice I landed two bass on a single retrieve at the same time. I also caught several other bass a little deeper using a 1/64oz. jig head woolly bugger. I waded the pond in a swim suit which made fishing bearable but I wish I could duplicate that kind of success in other places during mid-summer. That same pond will consistently produce bigger bass in the 2, 3 & 4 pound range during the spring and fall. Can someone tell me what makes this pond click in the heat of summer? If I knew I'd write a book and be famous!