+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where are the flags?

Hybrid View

Default Where are the flags?

I haven't been on the site for a while, but I noticed that the flags that were on the home page are missing. Hopefully, it was just something that was missed in the otherwise great new site layout.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,
    Can you believe you are the ONLY one who noticed? Or at least let me know? I added the flags to the front/main page the day we were attacked by Muslim terriorists 9/11. I asked Ron Tidd (Our tecky) to remove them the day after Osuma Ben Ledin was captured in Pakistan.
    Last edited by LadyFisher; 07-07-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling

This thread reminds me of me when I get home from work. I park the car in the garage and stumble into the house where my dear wife greats me with a kiss and the question; "Do you notice anything different?" Not having taken even the slightest glance at the yard on my in the house I reply; "Have you lost weight?" Not always the right thing to say.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I thought those flags were put up as a remembrance of the victims of the 9/11/01 attacks? Am I correct in recalling a post or reply to a post some time ago from J.C. stating that is why they were put up or perhaps he was saying that they were put up after 9/11?

I did notice it but decided to keep my big mouth shut. That is until now. Respectfully it is your board and we are not charged to be here so that is you choice. IMO it looked better with them up there though.
    My boss told me that crossing me is like playing with DET cord.

Please forgive me for this post if it upsets anyone, but......

As a Veteran, I respectfully request that the flags come back to FAOL.

Thank you for any consideration with this request.....I will honor whatever decision you make....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I have to agree with Warren, as a veteran, I am proud of our flag and think it should be displayed on here.

+ Reply to Thread