Hello:
I was able to cast a Sage "one" 9 ' 6 wt. I tried it with a Sharkskin WF 6 F line. The rod is very light, very stiff/ fast with a fairly soft tip. The rod did not really start to load until I got 50 - 60 ' of line out. For being such a stiff/ fast rod it was pretty easy to cast. When casting, most of the rod's flex takes place in the top half of the rod. The 6 wt. is a cannon, can throw really tight loops at long distances(I had no problem casting 80 ' of line with a few double hauls) and if one is into distance casting this might be the rods for you. To me the ONE, for being so fast, is more user friendly than the TCX series. The blank is black with black wraps a gold metallic trim bands. The cork seat and overall finish was Sage's usual very high quality. Personnally, the rod did not do much for me and maybe it would be a different rod with another line. Of all the new rods that Sage has come up with in the past 7 years, for me the 99 series is the Sh...t. I mainly fish lakes, with bobbers and clear intermediate lines and the 99 5 wt. is the best tube/ lake rod I have ever fished. It will cast midges, size 6 leechs and every thing in between. It will throw 70 feet of line with ease, still be fun with a 13" fish and whip fish up to 5 lbs. in minutes. Finally, a 9' 9" 5 wt. rod that weighs 3.1 oz. now that is a amazing.

One final note, the really great Scott A3 series is being discontinued.

Lanny