Hello,

Fishing for magnets......Have a '60's Sears Diehard 15lb thrust trolling motor. Like the little devil and think I would like it on my pontoon boat. It was not working so I tookit apart and fixed it. Re-assembled and worked very well. Took it back apart to make improvements (big mistake). Next morning found the two magnets on the carpet...each in two pieces! They are apparently fragile. I do not know how I done did this. But...since such an old motor with a hugh brand name....hoping someone has an old motor that doesn't need it's magnets anymore.

Cannot glue them back together. Well, can....but sorta beyond me. Once they break, at the point where they separated they now OPPOSE each other. Must be forced back together and epoxed with a conductive epoxy. I have been informed there is a product called Liquid Steel....but not what you find now a days. It comes in a metal can that looks like the can of pvc glue. So I am told.

I have been unable to find this product or fix the magnets. Really like the little motor. Just armature magnets bad.....

Any help would be giantly appreciated.

Have a large afternoon.

Jim