Fished the Savage River and North Branch Potomac Tues-Wed. Savage was in great shape, nice flows; a few bugs coming off, scattered march browns, yellow/lime sallies, some sulphurs. Managed a handful of decent browns 12-14" on tan foam-back Convertible and march brown viz-a-dun. Towards evening was hoping the sulphurs would pick up, the cedar waxwings were filling the trees like a crowd at a Sunday buffet; saw a few scattered bugs come off but nothing to get the fish worked up. I had a few refusals on a dun and my partner got 2 browns on an emerger. If anyone's planning to fish the Savage this weekend, be aware that they're upping the flows for the whitewater crowd.
Next day on the N Branch, scattered midges, a couple yellow sallies and not much else bug-wise; had a few half hearted hits but nothing much going on. Did manage a couple small browns on a hopper/dropper; streamers probably would have been more productive but I wanted to see if anything was looking up. Fun trip, lots of good water, nice campsite, low crowds.

Regards,
Scott