+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joining the paddling ranks tomorrow

Default Joining the paddling ranks tomorrow

Been considering a kayak for the past couple years. Finally pulled the trigger and my OK Trident 13 is being delivered tomorrow. Cant wait to hit the water.

Will probably have to hit you guys up for some info and suggestions on rigging.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Nice! I'm new to the paddling game as well but I can tell you it is great! Please post pix when you get your kayak.
    I believe I can fly fish

Quote Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
    Been considering a kayak for the past couple years. Finally pulled the trigger and my OK Trident 13 is being delivered tomorrow. Cant wait to hit the water.

Will probably have to hit you guys up for some info and suggestions on rigging.

Joe, I am ready to take the plunge too--- just curious, where did you buy your kayak? I talked with the folks at Blue Mountain Outfitters in Marysville and they have the ones I'm looking at- Wilderness Tarpon 120 and Native MantaRay 12. My Yakima rack for my car should be delivered today, and I might be owning a yak as soon as next week. Drop me a PM if you want to compare notes, and figure out how to rig them etc. I'm not new to kayaks, but new to outfitting one for fishing.

I bought an Ocean Kayak Trident 13, unfortunately BMO doesnt carry them. I bought part of my rack system there though and will get more accessories from them.

I went through Austin Kayak in Texas, couldnt beat the price and the $49 shipping. Ordered last wednesday, had them yesterday and they sat in Estes warehouse for 2 days. I could have driven to York on Monday to pick them up, but since the rack was shipped with the kayaks I didnt have a good way to get them home unless I wanted to install the rack in the parking lot.

The Trident is rigged pretty well already, 2 flush mounts and one Cannon rod holder, I will probably add an anchor trolley then re-evaluate over the winter to see what i want to add.

We paddled around in the Conodoguinet for an hour or so last night and might hit the Juniata for a half day float this weekend.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Joe- PM sent.

I am back in a yak again , got a Cobra fish and Dive Friday , now for the rigging
    maybe see some of you guys on the water
    Working Trout Bum

Congrats on the new boats guys!

I look back on over 35 years of fishing and kick myself for only discovering the joy fishing out of solo boats about 4 years ago. I spent years wading smallmouth rivers and fishing small lakes from the banks for LM bass and always frustrated by not being able to fish further out and not being able to cover every square yard of water I want. Now I float down a river and can pick apart every run, eddy, etc. at whim. I can float thru miles of water flowing thru private land that few can access. I can fish all day and not see another fisherman other than the handful of guys bank fishing at the access points. Whether its a solo canoe, yak, or pontoon, there is nothing like floating down a small stream with no jetskis and 200hp Nitros roaring around and casting at fish that only see a few fisherman a year.

As a bonus, even if the fish don't bite just paddling down a few miles of pretty water is tonic to the soul.

I can't wait for spring!

What it is all about...

+ Reply to Thread