It's funny how jobs run in groups. This last couple of weeks have been "'boo rebuild time." This is another one but probably the most interesting of the bunch.

I started looking at it like just another Jap 'Boo rebuild but once I got to looking, I knew I had something more. This appears to be a custom build. The grip is quite unusual and I hadn't seen a seat quite like this before. It is an uplocking seat but you turn the butt to tighten things up. It's not an expensive seat, but different.

I simply cleaned up the grip and took the seat apart and cleaned and polished it up a little. The rod itself was pretty straight and needed only minimal straightening once the old finish was scuffed a bit, I gave it a couple of coats of wipe on poly. I rewrapped the new guides back in the orignal locations with orange and black classic twist like it had been originally. The second tip was wrapped in yellow as it was originally. I was able to save the original inscription. The original stripper was missing so I grabbed a "second" I picked up double cheap on Ebay that I honestly couldn't find anything wrong with from Golden Witch.