+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trolling motor

Hybrid View

Default Trolling motor

So I still haven't had the need for a trolling motor, I have been using my pontoon on a 27 acre lake and I move around easily, I mean, I do get tired but I need the exercise, there are other lakes around but I'm starting to think I might not need the motor. What do you guys think? Another reason is that if I get rid of the trolling motor, battery and battery charger I would be able to get me the fishcat I've been eyeballing. I gotta trip next month but I won't have room for the pontoon...what to do, what to do?
    Thanks
    I believe I can fly fish

I have had a FishCat for 3 or 4 years now and absolutely loved it. If I never fished lakes larger than 27 acres I would sell my pontoon. That is the perfect size for the FishCat, until it starts thundering, the Fishcat is faster than a doughnut but not nearly as fast as a pontoon (even if you row like me.) I am blessed with storage space so I am hanging onto my trolling motor and charger just in case I need it in the future.

FYI, I got my FishCat from BPS, Cabelas had a better price but I do not have a Cabelas store but BPS matched the catalog price for Cabelas. Might save you a couple of bucks.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I'm sure there are larger lakes but even then I would work a small area. I don't want to sell my pontoon but I'm trying to decide if I should sell the trolling motor, battery and charger and just get me a fishcat.
    I believe I can fly fish

If it came down to my trolling motor or my fishcat, the trolling motor would be gone.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    If it came down to my trolling motor or my fishcat, the trolling motor would be gone.
    Ok, so I called my local fly shop and they are interested in a trade so my trolling motor, battery and charger for a fishcat 4, not a bad deal since that was the price I was thinking to sell everything for. I'll get my fishcat tomorrow and I get to keep my pontoon as well. Cool.

Is the "delux" really worth the extra $$?
    Last edited by Martin McFly; 06-28-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    I believe I can fly fish

Finally, the wait is over!

Last edited by Martin McFly; 06-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    I believe I can fly fish

+ Reply to Thread