While driving along a secondary highway to the local pharmacist today we passed a canoe for sale. I pulled over to give it a gander and write down the phone number. I don't know much about this make and need your advice about buying it.

The canoe is a 13' "contour" with a stern transom mount for a motor and fiber glass hull. There are no signs of repairs, holes, deep gouges, dry rotting or cracks anywhere on the canoe. Just a few light scratchs on the bottom from normal use. I turned the canoe over to inspect the interior. The seats are wicker on beautiful wood frames. No splitting, rotting or damage to the seats. Beautiful varnish. No cracks, scratches, gouges, dry rotting or stains on the interior of the canoe. The gunwales and floatation are in very good condition. The keel is very good, bow undamaged and there is no evidence that the canoe was banged into docks. Color is bright and clean.

Here are the extras that come with the canoe: Anchor, wood paddles, aluminum paddles, electric trolling motor, PFD seat cushions, two camo PFD vests and roof top carying system for my newer cars.

The gent that owns the canoe is in his sixties. Both he and his wife are disabled. He is selling the boat because they need money and he can no longer use the canoe.

Oh yea, the price. $225.00 for the entire set up.

As always I value any thoughts or advice you all would have about this.

Thanks folks.

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!