+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sage announces the One

Hybrid View

Default Sage announces the One

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Well, that's great news.

I suggest everyone run, not walk, to your nearest Sage outlet and buy "the one"!!
    You will be set for life with the greatest fly rod ever imagined, much less built!!

That is until the "next one" haunts the flyfishers market.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I see Cabela's is taking prebook orders for the One. It has quite the weight reduction over the Zaxis. It is 1/8 ounce lighter and $500 heavier than the TFO BVK in the 6wt. http://www.cabelas.com/product/ONE-R...3Bcat109787580
    I will refrain from any editorial comment
    Last edited by pillcaster; 07-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

So lets see, by my calculations that amounts to 4000.00 per ounce. I don't think so .

Would you guys prefer the evolution of rod development remain in the 40's? Why is it everytime a manufacturer comes out with a new rod many of you dump on it? Especially one that is high end? I for one own many Sage rods and models and I like the fact that Sage continues to make improvement. I have noticed a big improvement from that of the SLT to the ZXL and the RPL to the Z-Axis, but not so much between the XP and Z-Axis. I hope they never stop coming up with new designs.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I agree. Fly rods are actually cheaper in constant dollars when compared to the past and it is due to leading edge companies like Sage. A moderate priced rod is better than the same cost rod in inflation corrected dollars from the 1970's, '80s, and 90's.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Why is it everytime a manufacturer comes out with a new rod many of you dump on it?
    I don't think anyone is "dumping" on the new rod. Most people won't or can't purchase a rod for $500+ everytime a company comes up with a "new and improved" product.

If you can afford to drive the Ferrari then by all means, do so. Some have to stick to the Cadillac, others the Chevrolet. Still some, drive to their fishing stream with their ebay bought low end combo in their rusted out clunker pick-up truch.

Guess what though ... they catch fish and have fun doing so, just as you will with your Sage.

I have 11 fly rods and as many reels. However, if you purchased 4 of these "new" rods alone you'd exceed the MSRP of all I own.

I want a rod/reel/backing/line/couple of flies and a half day guided trip for $500.00.

Just my 2?
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

+ Reply to Thread