+ Reply to Thread

Thread: swimming lessons (not ff)

Smile swimming lessons (not ff)

My son, AJ is learning to swim. He and my wife are down in GA visiting her folks, and they have a swimming pool. So, I've been on my own this week, but I talk to them every night. Last night, AJ couldn't wait to tell me his news, he has learned to swim. In my mind's eye, I could just see him swelling up with pride as he told me that. He's only 6 years old, but he said he could swim a little ways. "Not all the way across the pool, but I can swim at least 9 inches!" Needless to say, he don't know what 9 inches is.

Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy that, I know I did.

Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi hNt,

Kids that age are just great. I took an early morning walk with my ten-year-old granddaughter and literally saw my usual route through a new, fresh set of young eyes. Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful (to quote Laurence Welk). 8T
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 06-27-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Tell him every great swimmer started a little at a time, And congratulations on starting!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Cool story. Thanks.

Eight Thumbs - One of the very reasons I love to take my grand daughter fishing. She is five, soon to be six she reminds me. The rest of the family wonder why I like taking her fishing and not them so much but it is as you say; a look at the world thru the eyes of wonderment. So refreshing.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Congrats to you Hungintree. Isn't it a great feeling to have your children experience such nice adventures. Especially adventures that could possibly save their lives, or someone elses.
    If I may ask. Do you swim ?
    The reason I ask is, I am a firm believer, that "EVERY" child should be taught to swim.
    My children could swim before they could walk, (less than 2 years old), It makes me feel better.

Kids and water go hand in hand. As I type my two kids are taking swimming lessons. They love it! All I hear now is "dad when are we getting a swimming pool?"
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Having kids is like seeing the world new again, the why's and the what fors. Wish I could have had a hundred of them.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Any fish my kid catches he thinks is a keeper! Even if we only catch two little blue gills we have to fry them up for dinner.
    If at first you don't succeed ... Then sky diving may not be the sport for you

"Not all the way across the pool, but I can swim at least 9 inches!" Needless to say, he don't know what 9 inches is."

Never met a fisherman yet (or in this case a future one) who had a decent grasp on what 9 inches is
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

+ Reply to Thread