Thread: poor service-reader's digest version

Threaded View

Blog Entries

first of all, my last rod was a TFO and it's fantastic!

You all bring up great points that made me re-visit my emails so I should clarify a little further.

Well this all went down in sept of 2010 soI wasn't very proactive and I feel it's been too long to start it up again, or maybe I'm wrong. I just came across the broken rod while cleaning and it burned me up a bit and I just had to vent here. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a replacement

I should also mention that after requesting a replacement of equal value, the owner emailed:
    "Hi Ian,

******* graphite rod was never on a life time warranty, especially on close-out sales. Please take this matter to a dealer where you purchased this rod."

But he only said this after I told him the retailer sold it with manufacturer warranty.

This manufacturer isn't a sponsor but I'm still not saying anything at his point because I'm not sure anyone's done anything wrong.

The retailer claims the manufacturer backed the warranty the day i bought it so I don't feel he's responsible. The manufacturer never really made any claim to me. So I don't feel as though he's done me wrong but I'm a bit surprised that the manufacturer wasn't a bit more accommodating as i was willing to mail him the broken rod and even pay for just the tip. He claims not to have a tip,yet he still sells the rod direct online. Still a bit strange to me. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by newfie; 06-22-2011 at 02:05 AM.