John N,

For me, it's not about easier or quicker. I don't need, nor desire convenience in every facet of my life and certainly not where my trout net is concerned. Sometimes a mouse trap is just a mouse trap and no "improvement" is necessary or desired! There is no way I would EVER consider putting one of those rubber nets on my net. I put way too much time and effort into building one. Put them on aluminum or graphite nets where no one would care, but to stick one of those abominations on a beautiful piece of woodworking is aesthetically disturbing! This is just my not-so-humble-opinion, and I obviously will not be swayed by any amount of opinions to the contrary. I guess this rubber netting is where I've drawn my line in the sand! LOL! Buy and use what you want - it's your money! My opinion is tax free, but I do have a "no return" policy!

John N - This is not directed at you personally, but feel that these rubber nets are an affront to my sense of aesthethics, and maybe I am stuck in my "old school" ways, when it comes to trout nets!

Best regards, Dave S.