+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunglasses

Hybrid View

Default Sunglasses

I am going to be getting a pair of Fitover's or Cocoons and am wondering what most people prefer as a color choice for fishing.

I've worn cocoons on/off water for last three years--only sunglasses I wear. Had green lenses as well as amber and both are great.
    No man can have too many fly rods;
    no woman too many shoes.

I've used Fitovers in both dark gray and amber. When fishing, I preferred the dark gray for sunny days and the amber for low light situations. From various threads over the years I've come to think that lens color preference varies a lot by individual. If you are worried about this, you may want to test your preference with some cheap polaroids before buying the more expensive Fitovers or Cocoons.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
    I've used Fitovers in both dark gray and amber. When fishing, I preferred the dark gray for sunny days and the amber for low light situations. From various threads over the years I've come to think that lens color preference varies a lot by individual. If you are worried about this, you may want to test your preference with some cheap polaroids before buying the more expensive Fitovers or Cocoons.
    This. I use the dark ones far more than the ambers. If I had it to do over again (or was buying a single pair) I would just get the dark ones.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

I bought a pair of amber cocoons a few years ago, and use them most of the time when I go fishing. Got a pair of the yellow ones at a silent auction, and like to use those on dark, overcast days or in real shaddy spots. Both work real well.
    CJ

Had a pair of the amber lenses and really liked them; after they got beat up I switched to copper and they're fantastic. I do mostly trout fishing in open conditions and they definitely make a difference, but even when fishing on heavily forested water I prefer them.

Regards,
    Scott

Blog Entries

Goduster,

I have been using Cocoons for years and have all three colors Gray or Green depends on how you look at them, amber and yellow. I seldon use the yellow except in very low light situations. I use the amber sometimes in the evening light but 90% of the time I use the Gray/Green lens.

Larry ---sagefisher---

+ Reply to Thread