I went down to the Duck below Normandy Dam to meet Jack and Warren and get in a little fishing. They didn't show but a co-worker did. We had good fun with some very fat and feisty rainbows. They didn't seem to be stressed because some were feeding again within 5-10 minutes of being released. One of them, a dark little rainbow (~11") clearly thought that he was a big, bad steelhead. At first I thought that I was snagged on the bottom, which isn't normal when drifting a dry in waist-deep water. Then the thrashing started. I was surprised at how small it was when I finally got it to hand. I released it in the water and it roared back to its station and was soon feeding again. My reflexes were very slow from lack of practice and I missed more hooksets than I got. I also had some rejections.

I used a Roberts Drake (sz 14) and a Patriot dry (not a Parachute Patriot) with a very sparse, Hi-Viz wing.

I tried an olive Pine Squirrel Cheater, but the one I tried was unweighted, the current was swift, and I was having too much fun with dries. I put the PSC away while it was still scoreless. I had some with tung-head PSCs, but never deployed them. Also saw a chartreuse popping bug working on bluegill.

We cut the trip short due to lightinging, driving rain, and hail. Also heard that one of the Wal-Marts locked in its customers because of a tornado warning. I suppose that's a different sort of blue light special...

Regards.
Ed