+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KILLER NYMPH - Fly of the week - June 20, 2011

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default KILLER NYMPH - Fly of the week - June 20, 2011

KILLER NYMPH

I cannot remember where I came across this nymph pattern, I remember using this pattern at the 1999 FAOL Black Hills Fish-In, when fishing Ditch Creek at some Rainbow Trout that were stocked up like cord wood in front of a tree that had fallen into the creek and diverted the water around the downed tree.*

Wow! Was saving the Fly of the Week to my own folder for a change, the last contribution by myself was March 18th 2002, with the Egg-Sucking Leech! Found at the url listed below

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...031802fotw.php

I have other fly patterns I have been meaning to share with other members of FAOL, but I got wrapped up in this CD thing for Al Campbell's Memorial Bench Fund Raiser, and then these "Beginner's Only Fly Swap", and I continued to add more articles from FAOL's weekly homepage.

I will make time, to take time to share some of the other fly patterns that I have, that have not run on this site. I even have done a update of the Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear (Dry Fly), that I have keep as close as possible to the original that in in F. M. Halfords Book 1.

Green Weenie, Olsen's Deceiver, Pink Pollywog, my own Chartreuse Tadpole... and many more

~Parnelli

Bring them on, Parnelli! I know that I will be looking forward to seeing and tying them! Thanks for all you do for FAOL. It means a lot to me....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

How about just a hint on your choice of hook size. I'm terrible at judging scale from the photos. What size is the hook in the photos? (Thanks)

+ Reply to Thread