+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question Never Answered

Hybrid View

Default Question Never Answered

OK, I just took inventory, 1 mesh vest, 1 chest vest, 1 chest/fanny combo, two strap vests, two sling packs, and three fanny packs. Oh and two satchels. I don't think I will ever decide on the best way to carry my gear.

I do know though that I don't like chest vests or any thing in the way of my arms and hands while fishing so they are out. The sling pack just isn't built the way I would like. the mesh vest is too big for me so maybe a smaller size. The strap vests are OK but I am not crazy about them. I prefer the fanny packs but they don't work well in a float tube (everything has to be moved to another option) or deep wading. The fly fishing satchel is a pain, but the one made out of plastic bottles is actually a favorite.

So what to try next? Perhaps a sale?
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Blog Entries

What you need is a minion, to follow you around and carry your stuff for you. All the evil geniuses have them.

A friend made me a lanyard that contains my leader material, shot and other assorted items. That and the pockets of my float tube do the job. When wading I usually pick a couple of boxes inside my waters and am usually good with that.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

The best thing to hold your gear in is a kayak! The ultimate fishing machine!

PanFisher, I've been kind of following your journey. Started out with vest. Tried some chest vests. Tried some fanny packs. Have given away all iterations so far, either to a kid or friend or to a charity auction. I think I am headed back to a vest. Sigh!

If I need the kitchen sink, I've got a vest. But I've gotten down to a little 15-dollar satchel from Bass Pro. It holds 3 small fly boxes, leaders, indicators, my epi-pen (ugh), a small stringer, and a camera without much bulk. Nippers on a zinger, a magnetic fly patch, and hemostats all on the outside and it is set up perfect for 99% of the fishing I do! I have what I need for a morning or evening on the water with minimal bulk.

I can also easily take the fly boxes out, switch them to little Plano boxes with jigs and bobbers, and go crappie fishing with my spinning gear. Or put a water bottle and GPS unit in and go hiking!
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

+ Reply to Thread