Saw this on another board and thought that those of you who like Eric might want to know:

My friend Michael Romo drowned yesterday while kayaking on the Susquehanna River at Harrisburg, Pa. Mike got swept over the Dock Street Dam, a low head dam across the river at Harrisburg. The undertow from the dam pulled him under and he drowned. He was wearing a life vest but witnesses saw it come floating to the surface. Here is a news article on his death:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...anna_rive.html

Mike was one of three bodies recovered from the Susquehanna River yesterday. All of them accidental deaths. Mike was an experienced kayaker so I am thinking he had a problem with his gear. Witnesses said that just before he went over the dam they saw him siting along the shore. The dam is well marked and Mike was a very happy guy so I believe this was a pure accident. This particular dam has cost many lives over the years. It serves as a reservoir for the City Island recreation area as well as supplying water for the fire companies. Some years ago a plan was submitted to replace it with a much safer inflatable fiber dam like the one at Sunbury, Pa on the Susquehanna River. A lack of funds was always the excuse for not doing so. How many more people must pay the way with their lives?!

If you get a moment please say a prayer and or send along well wishes to Mike's friends and family as well as those of the other two people who died.

I knwo Eric and Mike's family could use your well wishes and prayers right now. Eric still reads the boards so he will see them.