+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sage discontinues Z-Axis

Default Sage discontinues Z-Axis

I received an e-mail today from a fly shop that Sage is discontinuing the Z-Axis. A great fly rod. I have a 4 wt and just picked up a 5 wt. I imagine that it was bound to happen, especially with the BIIIX out now from Winston. Do we expect an $800 Sage now? Glad my quiver is jammed!
    ~Lost Time is Never Found Again~

The $800 Sage is the TCX. I'm curious to see what the replacement for the Z-Axis is.

Perhaps there WILL be a day for me to buy an $800 fishin pole BUT I suspect that day will conicide with the availability of snowballs in places where it was impossible to procure them before ( Alabama, Florida etc. come to mind)

Mark

Trout don't speak Latin.

To me, this is all getting ridiculous. Are we paying for technology that has no realistic benefits? After I lost a premium fly rod, I bought a replacement moderately-priced replacement. I was amazed at how well the replacement cast. If I were blindfolded, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the rods, though one cost twice as much as the other.

I will agree: premium rods look much better.

Randy

I'd think an accomplished caster would definitely be able to realize the difference in a high-end rod and, for them, the expenditure may be worth it (or if you have $800 burning a hole in your pocket). I'm a hack (although blindfolded I could definitely tell you which end of the rod I should be holding) and if I had $800 to spend on a new rod (I don't), I'd be better off putting it in some casting lessons so that I could better use the rods I have.

Regards,
    Scott

Fer cryin' out loud...Ya gonna cast to a fish 30' away and need and $800 rod to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Colston Newton View Post
    Fer cryin' out loud...Ya gonna cast to a fish 30' away and need and $800 rod to do it?
    Sums up my feelings pretty well. I can't see any advantage to paying that much for a fishing stick.

Blog Entries

I figured Sage was up to something when they introduced the VXP, at a price that was around $135 less than the Z-Axis. My first thought on that was that they were going to stop production of the Z-Axis.

It is too bad in a way as the Z-Axis is a good fly rod, and it sold for $630. I have always preferred the XP to the Z-Axis but the Z-Axis is a good rod and I own a couple of them.

I am sure that what they come up with will be a good replacement. A fast rod with some backbone but not so fast that it can't be cast decently by almost anyone using it.

For now I have a nice selection of Sage rods, I don't think I will need any more, but then.............................

Larry ---sagefisher---

Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
    I figured Sage was up to something when they introduced the VXP, at a price that was around $135 less than the Z-Axis. My first thought on that was that they were going to stop production of the Z-Axis.

It is too bad in a way as the Z-Axis is a good fly rod, and it sold for $630. I have always preferred the XP to the Z-Axis but the Z-Axis is a good rod and I own a couple of them.

I am sure that what they come up with will be a good replacement. A fast rod with some backbone but not so fast that it can't be cast decently by almost anyone using it.

For now I have a nice selection of Sage rods, I don't think I will need any more, but then.............................

Larry ---sagefisher---
    I mirror that sentiment exactly.

If I had to get rid of all my Sage rods except one I keep the XP. Love that rod!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread