+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New boat

So, that went well. I put the lid from a storage tote in to protect the floor and put the chair on that. When I got in and sat the whole thing flipped over. I wish I had video of it, I,m sure it was quite a show. I put a laundry basket in front of the aft spray skirt and butted the inflated seat against it. That was OK, but not good. Still thinking. However, my 5 yr old grandgirl is delighted with her new chair, so it's all good.
    Last edited by greenlantern; 06-17-2011 at 01:23 AM.

It's too bad Rube Goldberg has long since passed.....we could use him on this one!!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I think you need something like this. Maybe some industrial strength Velcro to hold it in place. This is from Cabelas and is very similar to the seat on my pontoon but mine is attached to the frame with straps.

Canoe seat.jpg
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

The seat looks well built. I suggest considering adding D rings for the connections to fasten it. I have seen kits with glue to add the D rings in a kayak store.

Will have to check it out. got a couple of other ideas as well. Will keep you posted.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I'm thinking about buying a K-79 Tahiti myself (like I really need another boat). You can use the folding seats for canoes/yaks, or glue some D-Rings on the sides and use the deluxe seats with straps to brace the seat back.

Does yours have the skeg? They can be retro-fitted for under $25.00. From what I have heard, adding the skeg makes it track as well as any canoe.

Yes I do have the skeg, and the boat tracks and paddles very well. The skeg increases the draft by a few inches though. I got stuck the other day and had to reach down and push off the bottom by hand. Just the skeg was stuck the rest of the boat was still free. Be sure to install it before inflation, it's much easier.

+ Reply to Thread