I have lurked around this board for many, many years. I recently decided to go ahead and register. I have extensively studied it's achieves. I am not new to fly fishing and could probably make a decent supplemental income if I decided to get back into instructing fly tying and casting again.

I have a terrific sense of humor but I also have manners. I do not now nor will I ever, ever make fun of a situation where people, especially children, have been injured, their lives threatened or could potentially be injured. To me that is poor manners and poor taste. It could be any one of us the next time. If you all think rabies is funny then you have never had to suffer through the treatments for it.

Beyond all of that lay the guffaws aside and really, really think about the significance of the statement that WCO made about not normally seeing rabies in the beaver population. Beavers are communal mammal with a very large range. When their food or water is depleted they will travel far and wide to better resources. That along with the fact that they are not solitary creatures opens up a previously unthought of route for the transmission of rabies in our state.

I suppose I should just listen to the tender feet from urban sprawl Pa and ignore this too. Just like we did that disease called whirling disease, ferrel swine, overpopulation of foxes and coyotes, raccoons, massive fish die offs in the Susquehanna and Juniata. I don't hear anyone making fun of those situations.

Enjoy.