I'm very new to this forum and I'm starting a new thread because I just couldn't find where there has been consideration of torque when twisting the two separate leader legs. Here is a thought and I'd really like some opinion before I try this. Seems there is a generally accepted standard as to 10% length reduction and then testing by twisting to the breaking point of the material being used. What if the twisting was done with a small power screwdriver that has a built in torque clutch. Mine is a Milwaukee model 0490-20 in 4 volts. It has a clutch setting that ranges from 1 to 21 with 21 being lockup for drilling. According to the operator manual, the #1 clutch setting will shut the screwdriver off when 3.3 inch-pounds of torque is reached. Now this is a screwdriver and not a drill so the clutch settings are much lower than on a drill. The higher you make the setting, the higher you set the the screwdriver shutoff. Therefore, the screwdriver shutoff can be incrementally set in steps ranging from 3.3 to just over 21 or 22 inch-pounds. So here is how I see this working. I twist the leader leg down to the 10% mark. At that point I have a stopper or barrier of some kind to keep the screwdriver from being pulled any closer to the holding peg. Then I keep twisting until I reach my preset torque level. After all, isn't it the torque stored energy that causes the two legs to furl?