In light of all the carp reports on here lately I thought I would post up this report. Love to see all the carp action!
Every year my friend Justin from mn comes out to chase carp on the fly. This year marked the worst water conditions we have ever faced, but we fished hard and fought through it to land a bunch of fish.

That is me with a small 8-9 lber. Average fish for the trip was about 12 lbs and this was one of only 2 or 3 under ten lbs. Here is justin with a solid fish.

We were joined this year by one of justin's trout fishing buddies...he was all smiles the entire weekend and left for home today talking of building a 7 wt and looking at google earth for carp spots near his house!

In general the fishing was brutally tough! The rivers are swollen beyond belief and all the usual spots are too deep to even think about fishing. We moved around a lot and fished in places I have never thought of fishing and managed to find fish. We landed roughly 60 carp in the four days, not bad with chocolate milk water, mosty cloudy skies and 25 mph winds!

Fishing in the high water was challenging and made it nearly impossible to land any bigger fish. We hooked some pigs but had to clamp down to keep them out of the debris...I broke off ten fish the last day alone fishing a thick, 12 lb steelhead leader, and we straightened quite a few hooks!

Still, a great trip and one I look forward to every year! Nice to fish with my buddy from college and I hope we can keep up the tradition. A few more fish pics: