It makes no difference how the furled leader is made or how many steps it has. The weakest link will be the tippet end where the tippet is attached because there will only be 3 strands of the 2lb test material at that point. I use a Shorb Loop at both ends and some use a Shorb Loop at the butt end for attaching to your fly line and a small metal ring at the tippet end for attaching your tippet material. Either way, there will only be 3 strands of leader material. I have done some breaking tests and have found that you can multiply the material pound test by 3 and you will be close which would mean your tippet end would break at about 6lbs. Bare in mind that not all 2lb test material is manufactured the same and some may break beyond 6lbs. Also, keep in mind that the fly rod will take a lot of the stress off your leader. I would not be afraid to use your leader for bass fishing with a fly rod.

I am sure that one of our Furled Leader experts will give you a better answer than what I have. I hope this helps some until someone in the know chimes in on this thread.