Some of you may recognize a pattern of me tying whatever Byron is posting . I'm not trying to be a copy-cat but he just keeps posting such great flies with little twists that are new to me that I just have to try. Here is my floating nymph attempt but I seem to have messed up with the hackle. Mine ends up turning out more like a hackle stacker than the way it is shown in Byron's post or drawn on Jason Borger's site. Thanks for posting the link to Jason's site too. It is a great site with lots of ideas and instructions. I read his instructions but messed up somewhere. I am sure the fly will work, but want to learn the technique. If anyone has any pointers, please share them I think I may have wrapped the hackle too far up the post for this technique but couldn't seem to keep the hackle low on the post. Here they are. I also tried a curved shank hook to see how that would turn out. The last one is an attempt at doing the teqnique with a soft hackle instead of a dry fly hackle. I kind of like how it turned out, but again it is more of a hackle stacker-like pattern than I intended.

floating nymph 1.jpg

floating nymph 2.jpg

floating nymph 3.jpg

floating nymph 4.jpg

caddis using LREN hackle style with soft hackle.jpg

Greg