+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Campbell back in the hospital

Default Al Campbell back in the hospital

The phone call we didn't want to receive came today. Al is back in the hospital. They are keeping him as comfortable as they can. His mom and dad are there. Elliot will keep us informed on any changes.

Our sincere thanks to all who wrote, Al really appeciated the cards and notes - you all added greatly to his quality of life. He is ready to leave us now, and as hard as it is, we have to wish him well on his journey.

God Bless and Keep you Al.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

I know we must do what we must do, but, I am not sure I can let Al go. This will be very hard on me. I communicated with him last week by e-mail and I will always remember his reply. This is really going to be hard to accept but I know God makes no mistakes and needed Al for another project. One big lost for us.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks for keeping us informed on Al's condition. LF-it must be hard for you to say the least. I never met Al, I don't know what it is, but this news just feels like a safe sitting on my chest and it is harder to breath. I can count on one hand the times I have felt like that. He must be a great man.
    Bob Scheidt

Dear LF,

It saddens me to hear this.

There is no right and proper way to remember a person before their passing, at least none that I know.

I am thankful for the knowledge that Al has shared with members of the fly fishing community. He was greatly appreciated, and he will be greatly missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. May they all find some comfort in this difficult time.

Regards,
    Tim Murphy

My heart is indeed saddened by this news. May God bless him and his family.

James

people who believe that internet relationship cannot be intimate are wrong. Peace to you Al. Peace and thank you.

7. Default

" Gazzing in a pond,
    with no water at my shadow.

Wishing there was glass,
    to reflect my state of mind!"
    Jeffrey Kramer

Having never met the man,it's hard to say I know him. But if someone were to ask, I'd surley say I did.
    I knew him like I know a cloud, a tree, a trout, a feather. You look and cherish while you can that short, short time together.

Respectfully..........Jeff

[This message has been edited by flyme (edited 06 March 2005).]

I guess we knew this was the eventuality. I know I'm not the only one feeling sadness. I got back from a five day trip out east and opened FAOL this afternoon with the fear of reading this update. Our prayers continue. JGW

......................I can't respond. Al, may the Lord take you close, and hold you there for all eternity. My heart weeps.

------------------
    A free gift waits for those who ask.
    -----------------
    Lotech Joe

[This message has been edited by LotechJoe (edited 06 March 2005).]

He is a good man-we will go on here -but there will be an empty place-a place on this board that will never be filled.
    B.C.Nick

+ Reply to Thread