Over the years my regular partner has become much more aggressive when fishing, especially when he's not catching anything. It finally reached the point this past fall where it's no longer pleasant to be on the water with him. We were on a small stream in Idaho and I was working a pool with a dry/dropper, picking up a few little cutt-bows; he hadn't caught anything yet, and seeing my "success" decided to move into the pool and start swinging a streamer through. I had words with him (this was the 2nd or 3rd time on the trip where he either moved in to a spot or hole jumped) and the plane ride home was unpleasant, to say the least. I figured he'd got the message, but darn if it didn't happen again a few weeks ago when we were fishing a little mountain stream in MD; I just hopped out, went back to the car, packed my stuff up and waited for him to show. More words and another unpleasant ride, except this time I told him to find someone else to fish with. It's pretty sad because he's an excellent angler, usually fishes rings around me and doesn't need to resort to these kind of tactics (also sad because now I gotta find someone else to split costs with me this fall when I go out to MT! - lol).

Regards,
Scott