1st, I'll tell you I,m not new to fishing. I've been fortunate in my life to have netted many fish. The comment here is that's it's been all bait or lure fishing. 40 years ago I tried the fly rod. The only thing I netted was a lot of frustration. Fast forward to last week where I traveled to the Wolf River area in Wisconsin. For those who don't know that's a minnow fishing mecca. Now at 1st glance this may not seem like a huge accomplishment, but the grin on my face is still there a week later. By now you might have guessed it. I had my 5wt with the other end a blue and white weighted streamer. After a lot of roll casting and no success my brother and I (you know as Montana Mike) discussed the need to get deeper. So on went the appropriate small weight and, "wham", my 1st ever fish on a fly rod............! I guess it's safe to say I'm hooked forever. The only somewhat cruel side to the saga, just before I caught the fish the crew was finished packing up and we had to leave the property we were on, so it was literally one of my last casts. Yahoo from Idaho and thanks to this web site for providing great reading and incite......