+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A "too-good-to-be-true" fishing trip

Default A "too-good-to-be-true" fishing trip

Hi gang. Thought You might enjoy funny story. My brother, uncle and Myself were headed out for a day of trout fishing last week; a sort of bittersweet event. My father passed away in December and he absolutely loved to fish for trout on a particular stream, he had been taking my brother and I their for as long as I can remember. We promised to spread his ashes in the stream within the main drift of his favorite hole.
    So here we are, we arrived early and fished for an hour then we fulfilled his wishes. WELL THEN IT STARTED.The most UNREAL day of fishing you could possibly imagine. Three of us started catching fish. alot of fish. alot of BIG fish. Within about 4 hours, the three of us landed somewhere in teh neighborhood of 40 trout. All, not average, not mostly, AAALLLLLLL were in excess of 2 - 3 pounds. It was UNBELIEVABLE. The average fight time was 5 minutes per fish. We were dumbfounded. So at the end of the day, we drove home, laughing then whole way about how much fun we had and how it must have been devine intervention. Now the too good to be true part! hehe. We had fished this 1 mile stretch of stream for years, but weren't aware that 6 months earlier, a group had bought that section of stream and had openned a fee fishing lodge where they stocked trophy trout. According to their web site, you could keep 1 fish for mounting but the rest were catch and release, which we were doing anyway. Once we realized what had happenned all we could think about was My father who, we were convinced, had to be sitting upon high, laughing his butt off and cheering us on! That was just the kinda guy he was, and I don't think anyone could have asked for a better send off!
    Thanks for another great day of fishing dad!!!!
    Hare

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati .... "When all else fails...Play dead"

Wow! What a great story! That sounds like a movie its so unreal! Congratulations, and sorry for your loss

Hey there Harebear,
    Nicely writ. A fine tribute to your dads memory. Apparently he raised his sons well.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Harebear

Very nice story! Although my Dad has been gone for a long time, your story brings back some fond memories of fishing with my Father.

Thank You

One of the best stories I ever heard. You are very good sons. I have already instructed my kids to put my ashes in a trout stream when the time comes. I even put it in my will that the last kid to take me fishing when I get old gets everything! Kind of insurace I guess. God bless you and see you through your loss.

Maybe the stocking was devine intervention endeed. Great story!

Harebear,
    That's just bloomin' beautiful! Bless you a thousand times for sharing that story. Your Dad obviously did a good job of fathering some great sons. And it looks like he looked out for you even after leaving. Yes!!

Bill

------------------
    Name indicates where I fish and for what I fish.
    Name notes where I fish and for what I fish.

+ Reply to Thread