Thread: Pontoon Boat Fish Finder?

Threaded View

Kelly, Humminbird, Eagle just about any good name brand will work. If you use it to see water depths, the bottom structure, drop offs, etc. If you use it to find fish, you'll be disappointed. I have an Eagle 320 I got a couple years ago, Joni has a Humminbird with the wider cone she's had for years. Black and white, color screen, it's all about the Benjamin's. Get the highest pixels you can find for your price. The higher the pixel count the better off telling you whats underneath your boat
    I have a Ram mount and use it on both the X5 and the Renegade. Transducer mounting can be tricky. Try a bicycle kickstand and mount it to your frame. Kicks up out of the way when not in water. Or you can play with PVC pipe.
    And if you don't use an electric motor, get a small SLA battery. 12v 7 or 8 ah. I get mine at NPS for about 50 cents a pound. These batteries are the same you find at Sportsmans Warehouse for $25 or so. You have to get a small charger that just clips on the terminals. The battery looks like this.
    http://www.batteries.com/ups-units/a...98-202012.html
    Last edited by Mojo; 05-20-2011 at 12:56 AM.