Hi gang. Thought You might enjoy funny story. My brother, uncle and Myself were headed out for a day of trout fishing last week; a sort of bittersweet event. My father passed away in December and he absolutely loved to fish for trout on a particular stream, he had been taking my brother and I their for as long as I can remember. We promised to spread his ashes in the stream within the main drift of his favorite hole.
So here we are, we arrived early and fished for an hour then we fulfilled his wishes. WELL THEN IT STARTED.The most UNREAL day of fishing you could possibly imagine. Three of us started catching fish. alot of fish. alot of BIG fish. Within about 4 hours, the three of us landed somewhere in teh neighborhood of 40 trout. All, not average, not mostly, AAALLLLLLL were in excess of 2 - 3 pounds. It was UNBELIEVABLE. The average fight time was 5 minutes per fish. We were dumbfounded. So at the end of the day, we drove home, laughing then whole way about how much fun we had and how it must have been devine intervention. Now the too good to be true part! hehe. We had fished this 1 mile stretch of stream for years, but weren't aware that 6 months earlier, a group had bought that section of stream and had openned a fee fishing lodge where they stocked trophy trout. According to their web site, you could keep 1 fish for mounting but the rest were catch and release, which we were doing anyway. Once we realized what had happenned all we could think about was My father who, we were convinced, had to be sitting upon high, laughing his butt off and cheering us on! That was just the kinda guy he was, and I don't think anyone could have asked for a better send off!
Thanks for another great day of fishing dad!!!!