Thread: Townsend, Tennessee FAOL "Gathering"

Threaded View

Default Townsend, Tennessee FAOL "Gathering"

Jack did a great job of organizing the "Gathering" last October and we had a great turn-out and I feel everyone had a great time. I know I did! I would love to see Jack organize this year's "Gathering", but, he and Brad will not be back from their traveling adventure until the first week of October and I have been told that the Townsend area really gets crowded after the first week of October due to the many people there to view the beautiful fall leaves. I have been asked if I would put this "Gathering" together and I guess I can give it a try. I know it will not be anyway near as organized as it would be if Jack was in charge.

I would love to have it when Jack and Brad could attend but they are leaving the first of September and not returning until after the first week of October. I was thinking about having it sometime during the month of September and I need to know how everyone feels about that. Give me input please.

I know that my wife and I will be reserving a motel room at Dock's Motel just like last year or maybe one of the cabins on the banks of the Little River at Dock's. Since I figure my wife will be coming, I do not think renting one of the large cabins, like Jack did last year, would work out. I feel that we could hold our "meet and greet" at the covered picnic area that we used last year for "Gigmaster's" fantastic performance and I am really hoping and praying that he can entertain us again this year. He is great!

I am not much for scheduling different things to do while on a trip like this because I really do not like constantly watching my watch so that I can be on time to a scheduled function. I prefer to just have the freedom to do what you want. We are all adults and if the ladies want to schedule something for them to do and go visit while there, then I feel they can get together and schedule it and do it. The men can do the same.

I am open for suggestions and am more than willing to accept any help with this.

So.....

What about September? What dates? What other month would the majority prefer?

One thing I know for sure is that I am going back to Townsend. I love the area. I just returned from there this past weekend where I attended TroutFest and had a great time. I can guarantee you that the fishing will be great, but, the catching will be up to you! It is an area that even if you do not catch anything, bring your camera because the mountain streams are just beautiful.....

What say you all......
    Last edited by WarrenP; 05-19-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.