+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Townsend, Tennessee FAOL "Gathering"

Default Townsend, Tennessee FAOL "Gathering"

Jack did a great job of organizing the "Gathering" last October and we had a great turn-out and I feel everyone had a great time. I know I did! I would love to see Jack organize this year's "Gathering", but, he and Brad will not be back from their traveling adventure until the first week of October and I have been told that the Townsend area really gets crowded after the first week of October due to the many people there to view the beautiful fall leaves. I have been asked if I would put this "Gathering" together and I guess I can give it a try. I know it will not be anyway near as organized as it would be if Jack was in charge.

I would love to have it when Jack and Brad could attend but they are leaving the first of September and not returning until after the first week of October. I was thinking about having it sometime during the month of September and I need to know how everyone feels about that. Give me input please.

I know that my wife and I will be reserving a motel room at Dock's Motel just like last year or maybe one of the cabins on the banks of the Little River at Dock's. Since I figure my wife will be coming, I do not think renting one of the large cabins, like Jack did last year, would work out. I feel that we could hold our "meet and greet" at the covered picnic area that we used last year for "Gigmaster's" fantastic performance and I am really hoping and praying that he can entertain us again this year. He is great!

I am not much for scheduling different things to do while on a trip like this because I really do not like constantly watching my watch so that I can be on time to a scheduled function. I prefer to just have the freedom to do what you want. We are all adults and if the ladies want to schedule something for them to do and go visit while there, then I feel they can get together and schedule it and do it. The men can do the same.

I am open for suggestions and am more than willing to accept any help with this.

So.....

What about September? What dates? What other month would the majority prefer?

One thing I know for sure is that I am going back to Townsend. I love the area. I just returned from there this past weekend where I attended TroutFest and had a great time. I can guarantee you that the fishing will be great, but, the catching will be up to you! It is an area that even if you do not catch anything, bring your camera because the mountain streams are just beautiful.....

What say you all......
    Last edited by WarrenP; 05-19-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren;
    This was so much fun last year that it just must be held again! Everyone had a good time and the fishing was just about secondary! I don't think it will take much arm twisting to get Gigmaster back to entertain you 'cause I think he had more fun than we did!!
    I'm sure you all will be following "Brad & Jack's Fantastic Adventure" so maybe Gigmaster will write a song about it!
    Ya All Have Fun, Ya Hear!!

I would love to come again however, if Dana doesn't get a job soon all of our trips may be out this year. Let me know when and keep your fingers crossed she lands a job soon. I keep telling her she needs to get a good job so she can be my "Sugar Mama" lol. But in all honesty, any job would be a God send to us right now.

Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Jason, I hope that things trun around for your wife and the job search as it would be nice to see you and your family again. Also, I would like to ask how to become a member of CCU as I have often found creek chubs on my line and think that I must have a gift.

Warren, September looks good for me and I would like to go out on a limb and volunteer to help with organizing. Did I just volunteer? Perhaps we can have a little brain storm session over Memorial Day weekend while we fish or some fly tying.

Bob

I'm in but I could only attend if the Townsend gathering is held the first part of September due to my step daughter wedding.

Now July and August is open

HungNtree, prayers for your wife finding employment soon, I sure would like to spend time again with y'all in Townsend.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Blog Entries

I should be OK with August thru November. Let's break down and call it a Fish In. TNFI works for me. Keep the weather in mind though. The earlier in the year it is, the hotter it will be unless the remnants of a hurricane/tropical storm are passing through.

hNt, could you make it the first part of October?

Ed

Thanks for offering to help with this bobbyjo. I will let you know more after we finally settle on the "when". I was afraid that July and August may be too hot and the water would be too warm then. I have no problem with October but it would have to be sometime in the first week. According to Sharon, owner of Dock's Motel, after the leaves start to turn colors, Townsend and all the roads in the moutains become "bumper to bumper" with people. I think I will send an e-mail to Byron, owner of Little River Outfitter's Fly Shop, and see what month he would recommend for us and will report what he tells me. I know that I will be going again sometime in June. I have a very good friend here that builds rods and is now in Florida fishing the salt and he will be returning sometime the first part of June and the 2 of us will be making the trip to Townsend to fish a couple days plus we have a guided smallmouth trip here to take when he gets back.

I will get back with you all and let you know what Byron tells me.

Gigmaster - Is there a good time for you to make the trip? I would love for you to entertain again if you don't mind.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Bobby, The CCU is a pretty exclusive club as you can tell. After all, I'm president and Ed is vice. Of course we are the only members right now, how else do you think we managed to get elected? lol

Thanks for the prayers Popperfly, we need them.

Ed, Any time will be ok with me. I'm just not sure i can afford to make a trip right now.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Default Would love to drive up from Florida

I would love to drive up from Florida and join you guys. If it is September or early October, I could make it. Keep us posted on the progress.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

Blog Entries

hNt, I'm gonna have to find some time this summer and drive over to Luh-FAY-ette and pursue some creek chubs with you. As a matter of fact, oops, sorry. I don't want to start rumors about fish other than creek chubs. Nope. Ain't no fish in Tennessee. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    (But I do love limestone creeks.)

Ed

+ Reply to Thread