Thread: How Do You Move Your Pontoon?

Threaded View

Kelly, I bought the golf cart at Goodwill for $10. I have a plan B if this doesn't work long term. I have an aluminum frame from a "sling back" lawn chair that will fit between the frame and add wheels to it. The golf cart has what appears to be excellent wide soft tread wheels that should do well in soft ground and sandy soil. The batteries in my camera are dead I will add a photo when I get a chance that may give you an idea of plan B. The golf cart attaches to homemade fixtures on the deck I added, the toon came with a mesh and nylon strap deck, I used pressure treated 2 x 2's and a scrap fiberglass water meter cover, plywood would also worked. The golf cart is a Wilson that folds up nicely for attachment to the deck with a bungy.

Thunderthumbs, lifting it above my head and carrying the load on my head, arms and shoulder is what I have been doing but there is one section of the Hooch where it's at least 1/4 and maybe 1/2 mile from parking to the water. From the back of my house to the front of my house making a couple of trips is one thing, 1/2 miles is another. I can load the oars, rods, other gear and make one trip this way, maybe allow a bud to thrown his float tube on the back.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 05-16-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!